Calling all May 2014 graduates! Finalize all your Commencement needs in one stop! The UK Alumni Association will host Grad Salute at the King Alumni House on Tuesday, Feb. 25 through Friday, Feb. 28 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Representatives will be on hand to assist students in making final graduation selections for the following:
- Purchase an official custom cap, gown and tassel.
- Verify there are no stops or holds on your graduation records.
- Register to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Have portraits taken for the Kentuckian yearbook and reserve a copy.
- Seniors with student loans will receive information on exit counseling.
- Order an official University of Kentucky class ring.
- Purchase a University of Kentucky diploma frame.
- Order official personalized graduation announcements.
- Support a Big Blue traditionwith a gift to the University of Kentucky.
- Be part of a new UK Tradition and order a Wildcat Alumni Plaza Paver.
- Sign up to become a member of the UK Alumni Association at a special rate of $25 per year for new grads.
Questions? Please contact Meg Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-257-3569. See below for answers to frequently asked questions.
Grad Salute FAQs
Q. How long does it take to walk through Grad Salute?
A. It takes between 45 minutes to 1 hour to visit all Grad Salute vendors.
Q. Are credit cards accepted as a form of payment?
A. All vendors accept credit cards as a form of payment.
Q. Do the vendors accept personal checks as a form of payment?
A. Yes they do, however, we have various vendors for each item so you will need to bring more than one check with you.
Q. What should I wear for my portrait session with the Kentuckian yearbook?
A. Be clean and presentable. Nice attire is advised, but not required. Caps and gowns will be available for graduation portraits.
Q. Where can I purchase my graduation portraits?
A. Graduation portrait proofs are available at www.kentuckyphotography.net a few weeks after Grad Salute.
Q. Is there parking available at Grad Salute?
A. The only parking lot available behind the King Alumni House is an E lot, so parking is unavailable without an employee pass. Commuters may park in Parking Structure #5 located on S. Limestone by Kennedy’s bookstore or use the parking meters in the Student Center parking lot. Visit UK Parking & Transportation Services for a full listing of available visitor parking.
Q. Are parents allowed to come to Grad Salute?
A. Yes, parents are allowed to attend Grad Salute along with you.
Q. What if I am graduating in May/August/December?
A. The UK Alumni Association hosts a two-day Grad Salute in the fall for those graduating in December and a four-day Grad Salute for those graduating in the spring. August graduates may choose whether to attend Grad Salute in the spring or fall based on when they plan to participate in Commencement.
Q. What if I cannot attend Grad Salute?
A. If you cannot attend Grad Salute at all you will need to obtain graduation items on your own from each individual vendor. To check for stops and holds on your graduation you will need to visit the Registrar’s Office. To purchase your cap and gown you will need to visit the UK bookstore or order online here. Shop early to make sure that you get your size in the official regalia. To order diploma frames click here. To purchase a UK class ring click here. To become a member of the UK Alumni Association visit here. Make a gift to any college or program of your choice by going to www.uky.edu/GiveNow. Select a fund from the drop-down menu for Gift designation.